Friday, November 12, 2010

Pan Can!

I'm not sure why, but the Chicago Skyline lit up to say "PAN CAN" yesterday.  Usually when there is some sort of big event, the buildings lights are turned on/off in a way that spells something related to the event on the building.  Anyways, that was cool.  Too bad I don't have a picture of it!

I had my second academic adviser meeting yesterday.  It seems that I'm doing quite well.  I've been getting good grades and I'm learning SO much.  I'm still absolutely loving the program.  I keep saying how lucky I am, and how everything is perfect beyond my expectations, and it's really true.  For example, I'm not the best writer and I'm not very confident in my writing.  So, last week, it just so happens the program decided to hold its first ever writing workshop.  Normally writing workshops are boring and useless - not this one.  I learned SO much and actually learned a lot from it.  I can't say that I'm 100% confident with writing now, but at least I now have specific things I can identify and work on.  Another example.  I have been fortunate in my life that no one close to me has ever died.  Because of this, I'm quite uncomfortable in dealing with grief - I don't know what to do or say.  Well, next week, we are going to a grief workshop, and my practice role play scenario this week is to talk about DNR with a family.  It's amazing that the program seems to be targeting exactly what I feel like my weaknesses are and teaching me skills I need to make me a better GC. 

The best part of the program, though - is my awesome classmates.  Each one of them is so unique and awesome, and I think we've all started to bond as a group.  I love how different we are, too.  Maybe one of these days I will write little profiles on each of my classmates.  Even though I miss the depth of the many friendships I now have to maintain long-distance, the way I get along with my new friends make it slightly easier.  I miss my best friends. 

So now the only thing I really really need to integrate into my life is a healthier life style - especially exercising and losing weight.  Yes, Pan Can! 

2 comments: