Saturday, March 5, 2011

Value of friends and family

School has been crazy, to say the least.  In the past 3 months, I've had no life outside of studying.  I expected hard work in grad school, but this past 3 months has been the most stressful/busy I've ever been in school.  Having survived that, I know I can do anything - but I also feel it took over my life.  I lost the balance - I no longer go out and do things with anyone (or even by myself). 

It sounds totally emo and lame, but earlier today I felt this deep loneliness/sadness. I miss home.  I miss my friends and family.  I've made some great new friends in Chicago, but I've only known them for a few months and these friendships are mostly superficial.  Not to mention, I totally feel like I don't have a life outside of the program because everyone I know is in the program.  Luckily for me, my super awesome best friend Derek called.  We hadn't talked for awhile because we had both been so busy.  I miss him SO much.  It was so good to talk to him.  I forget how he can make me feel happy through just a short conversation.

Now I feel all "rejuvenated" to.... do some more homework.  Just two more weeks of school, and I'll be going home to visit friends and family.  I miss my family, especially my little cousins.  I can't wait to see Vancouver - I even miss the rain a little.  I just got to put in some extra effort to make sure I do super well in all my classes this term! 

No comments:

Post a Comment